Thursday, September 06, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas

Yes, I'm already thinking about it. Mostly because I didn't get to do nearly all I wanted to last year and promised myself to get a jump on things this go around. And I'm not the only one thinking about it, I found this on the news stand a few weeks ago:



I often buy holiday craft magazines and am disappointed but this one has lots of "so cute" projects just like it claims. I love the felt Santa pillow and look at that snowman on the front!



(sorry about the glare, I was in a hurry.) These guys are adorable! I know I don't need ANOTHER hobby (they are made with paper clay) but seriously, don't you love them?



And these punch needle embroidery mini pillows are cute, too. My friend Dita said she's been trying punch needle-ing and likes it. :)



And this framed button wreath would be easy and I think you could leave it up year round in those neutral colors!

I think the magazine is worth picking up, there are a few other projects in there I may try my hand at as well. Any body else starting their holiday crafting yet?

*************************

I'm up to my neck in swaps right now and while I'm feeling overwhelmed (you were waiting for it, weren't you?) I'm loving the creative push it's given me. Sadly I can't share anything with you yet but hang in there!

cheers
Rebecca

13 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Does that issue have the little cardboard houses in it? I saw it on another blog and I need that article on the cottages. (But she is ill and was unable to tell me which issue it was.)

Sid Simpson said...

I am having a lot of fun getting things ready for you >: )

Sid

Jenn Maruska said...

Great magazine find! Thanks for telling us about it : )

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

Those little snowmen ornaments are so darling!

I find that I like to buy holiday crafting magazines as soon as they are out, but it has to be nearer to the holiday for me to feel "in the spirit" to create them. If I make holiday items too soon, it kind of takes some of the enjoyment out of it for me. But that's just me and I'm goofy anyway....LOL

Heidi said...

It seems like it's OK to start Christmas stuff after Labor Day (kind of like not wearing white shoes or something). I did a little painting project over the summer for xmas but just started knitting some Christmas stuff this week.

Breanna said...

I looked through that magazine waiting in line, and I really liked most of the projects. They seemed like I might actually make some of them. I haven't signed up for any swaps lately, I didn't want the stress, but now I am wishing I had- I could use a little creative push.

jessica said...

I saw that magazine and loved the pillow on the front too!

And I got my prize package this week - you are too generous - all so lovely! It was almost like getting another swap package - I'm especially in love with the orange pot holder! THANKS!

Jane said...

I'm starting early this year too. I have gotten this crazy idea in my head that this is going to be a "homemade" Christmas! Yikes! I really want to try it though. That button wreath might just be perfect for my mother in law. Hmmmm.

Can't wait to see all the swap goodness you come up with!

Maija said...

I am back in the saddle (sorta) and ready to move forward with our swap. I'm looking forward to it!
Maija

Jodi Ohl said...

My original goal was to make 1 Christmas related craft a month and well...that definitely didn't turn out.. LOL So I might as well start now-- I really love the button wreath thatis a super cute idea!


I do love the cover shot as well and the snow man ornament. I could probably do those but the sewing and embroidered ones are out of my league :)

Thanks for giving us a peek!

Paula said...

I am already on my second felted stocking ~ LOL! I haven't posted any pictures of them yet because, well, maybe it's too early for that?! Now that you've taken the lead, I'll follow shortly, soon as I get done with the one on my needles.

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

Cute mag & please forgive me for being a crappy blogger lately!
~happy fall~
angie

Kara said...

oh i love christmas, what fab ideas in the magazine
kara
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails