Friday, July 16, 2010

What. To. Do.

Sigh . . . I need to focus. I feel like everything is half done. I've been trying to think of something to blog about but couldn't come up with anything. Because I have nothing DONE. So let's see . . . what to talk about . . .



I found this cute vintage inspired thermos at Marshall's for $7. I love it so. It has a glass liner so it should keep things warm but there is a cork type stopper and a not too tight lid that would limit the use I think. Still, pretty to look at.



I also thrifted a few peach luster ramekins to add to the ones my Mom found for me recently. I'm building quite a collection of peach luster pieces. It's fun to search for them and they are also pretty to look at.

While still thrifting, I am trying not to stock pile these days. I'm feeling overwhelmed by too much unorganized stuff which is not helping in my focus issue. I'm destashing the craft room and have already filled two bags with donations. I find it hard to let go but I need to. I can't become a hoarder! :) I'm also not buying any more yarn. (well, if it's thrifted and quality then maybe . . .) So I'm starting The Great Yarn Destash of 2010. I have already started a bits and pieces project that I hope to share soon. I'll be breaking out the One Skein book soon. :)



Stop by HERE and read my latest Trash to Treasure article at the Examiner. Heidi of Spiritual Knitter shares a clever idea for making valances out of crib bumpers. Thanks, Heidi!

3 comments:

Elise said...

I feel your pain...so much half-doneness and nothing to show or share. LOVE the thermos, though!! Can't believe that was at Marshall's. I was gettin' ready to be jealous of your vintage find. ;)
Elise

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I have so many projects that are partially finished, and some I cant finish because of DH. Like my chandelier. It's painted, I just need him to hang it, but he wont. Doesnt feel like it. And my glass lamp that has been painted (the metal). He destroyed the wiring but now I havent been able to replace it. PLus a bunch of others I just havent gotten around to. Maybe we'll both get some mojo to get them done!

Thimbleanna said...

I feel your pain Rebecca! I'm feeling a distinct lack of focus too -- partly because I have little jobs that need to be done pulling at me when I really want to do the fun stuff. Good luck in your destashing!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails