Thursday, July 28, 2011

Highly Organized Find

On my trip to Baltimore I got a chance to thrift with three of my favorite bargain hunters, my Mom, my sister Mandi and my friend Dita. Where I use to make a bee line for the linens section I know find that my first stop is often the crafty section. I lucked out this time:



The previous owner of these fabulous boxes of floss was way more organized then I am.



Look at the perfectly wound threads! The nice handwritten DMC label numbers! Heaven. That takes a lot of work and the least fun part of an embroidery or cross stitch project.



Two boxes filled with floss, needles (in nice cases) and gold and silver filiment. Also a nice pack of aida cloth and perforated paper which is a favorite of mine to work with. Perfect for someone like me who needs a bit of organization in their crafting. This, of course, makes me want to stitch something. Perhaps I'll add that to the to do list for the weekend.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Score!!! That is so beautifully kept! Just looking at the colors is fun.

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Wow that is a great score well done. I have two containers done the same way and boy it costs a bit to get sorted like that. Enjoy!

rustycupboard said...

oh my what a great find...wish I had beat you to it...have a great day

Crafted by Bairbre Aine said...

Don't you just love organized craft supplies? What a great find! well done on you!
Having just moved to the east coast myself (three weeks ago, from CA to VA) I look forward to finding great thrift shops. My daughter lives in Annapolis, so I look forward to fun road trips hunting for treasures like you've found! :)

Natasha said...

Okay, this reminds me of a story..I have a sister who is OCD (very) and she has her floss like this and sometimes she will dump them all out just to re-organize them again. Gotta love her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails