Monday, May 02, 2011

Thrifty Finds . . . Because I wished for them . . .

So I spend a lot of time being jealous of other's cool thrifty finds. I am especially jealous of Laurie's estate sale goodies. Recently I was wickedly envious of Sarah's found vintage fabric and spools of trim. So I did a little dance and prayed to the thrifting gods that I would get lucky on my first thrifting outing in weeks. And they listened . . .



My guess is that someone who probably made fancy clothing cleaned house. The trims and sequins that I found seemed to be the type one would hand sew to something to worn for a special occasion.



There is about 4 yards of this beaded trim. It's 3 inches wide and it's heavy! I'm not sure what I'll use it for, maybe to adorn a bag? Who knows. I should put some of it in the shop but I'm so anti re-selling these days that I can't bring myself to get motivated to list anything.



I buy a lot of DMC embroidery floss but I guess I never thought about how it comes in to the stores. Look how cute the box is! I found two boxes with 25 skeins each and will never need to buy DMC 801 (a chocolate brown) again. Sounds like a brown sampler is in my future.



I was just looking on Ebay and Etsy for sequins. One set is a pretty pink and the other a reddish brown.




I also picked up a bag of random pieces. I could see that there were a few bags of beads and some beaded appliques but I was very happy to find this hiding within:



Adorable! And a true vintage piece. I also found a few others things including two wire cake stands and some minature items like doll house wall paper and flooring. So all in all a good thrift. Did you find anything good?

7 comments:

Crafted by Bairbre Aine said...

Oh good for you!
Now I'm green with envy of your finds...I'm going to do a bit of dancing myself today and see what fancy goodies I find. Cheers~

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Glad you got lucky...you never know when those vintage gods will smile down upon you!

Gina said...

Yep, thrift gods were good indeed! Can't wait to see what you create! :)

Jane said...

I think we all have a Thrifty Fairy Godmother who waves her magic wand our way once in a while. So glad you had fun!

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Isn't it exciting??? I love the beaded collar, and I have one a lot like it, but I am curious, what do you plan to do with yours? Do you wear it some way??? I need ideas!

Hugs from Michigan - Diane

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Those are great finds.

zakkalife said...

Great finds! Makes me want to take a trip to the thrift store.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails