Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Nesting

I've been wanting to try this idea for some time. Tea cups are such a great vessel for many things. You've seen my tea cup pin cushions and many of you have made tea cup candles. (Speaking of, yummy soy tea cup candles coming to The Goodness Shop soon by a new contributor, Dita!) So why not tea cup bird nests?

CHANCE NEST



I believe a project like this might be called mixed media? I have no clue.



I picked up some of the glitter from the new Martha Stewart line at Michaels to glitter the cardinal. It's about $5 for the jar but it's fine grade and will last quite a while I think. The game pieces are from vintage games I've picked up here and there and the sheet music was stiffened and glittered to give it more substance. The rhinestone button is from my Grandmothers collection.



I made this for my dear friend Nine who has a cloche in her living room and wanted something new to display under it. I plan to make one with a beach theme for myself and then maybe one for the shop.

Speaking of the shop, I finally added the Goodness Paper Packs!



What's inside? Click on the picture or this link to find out! And aren't those file folders the cutest? It might even make filing fun but I doubt it. Also added to the shop, a mini collage box. It's a bargain and there is only one!

These are some new things I thought I would try. I have so many supplies that I figured I can't buy any more until I sell a few things that I have. Logical? Who knows . . .

Until the next . .

RR

21 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

Oh Sweetie!!! I love this little magpie /teacup nest !!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I saw something on Creative Juice where they called this kind of thing Assemblage Art or Composite Art.

Jennifer W. said...

Oh! This is just lovely! Great use of all your vintage finds (and the new MS glitter!!)

Unknown said...

Cute idea to package the paper packs in that folder--love it! Very clever. Love the little nest in the teacup, too! So sweet. :)

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

first I have to say your initials are rr like a pirate, r! sorry, couldn't resist.

I love the teacup of...GOODNESS...the glitter birdy is very cute.

Jenn Maruska said...

Wow! You've been busy : )

Vallen said...

Jinx, I owe you a coke. I went out this weekend to look for cups to do just this very thing. I was thinking of tying a ribbon on the handle and hanging them. Wow . I love cosmic awareness!!!

An Odd Duck said...

I like it a lot. It's funny autumn always feels like nesting time for me usually, but this spring is certainly becoming my nesting time now. I hope you're well. Looking forward to the weekend.

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

You do such wonderful things with teacups. All we do is put lots of tea in ours! Thanks for the ideas. I look forward to seeing you for tea sometime and chatting about you possibly opening a store. Very exciting!

willzmom said...

LOVE the tea cup nests-what a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

You go girl with your teacup nests! Brilliant yes!

Anonymous said...

I'm a lucky girrul! I'm a lucky girrul!!! It's darling!!! (And the red of the little glitter bird will pick up nicely now that I have that red retro phone on the bookshelf nearby!) And I do love what it says... you know I'm all about taking the big chances!!! (Moving 3,000 miles to a place where I knew no one?! Hmmm... sounds like me, fo sho!) XOXO, 9

Alex M said...

Hmmmm.... methinks some file folders secured with blue ric-rac might also look mighty fine!

Katie Jean said...

cute cute cute! I love the teacup nest. I have a million teacups now that I was going to make candles with. Hmm.. never got around to that!

Natasha said...

I love how your nesting....in tea cups that is. tehehe:: Such a great idea.

I also think the paper pack is way cool~

Back to the teacups... I saw a project once where you drill a hole in the bottom and make a lamp (night lite size) out of it. I am going to try it... someday

Jane said...

Darling! Im inspired!

Anonymous said...

Love the teacup! I just ended up with loads of cups from an auction, hope you don't mind if I follow your lead...it's just beautiful.

LA said...

Gorgeous! Love teh cardinal and the pin.

I so need to get off my duff and buy some Martha stuff. The glitter sounds good.

Cheers! LA

Peta said...

I love your mixed media piece. I am thinking of doing a similar one for Christmas. Where are you displaying yours?

The ParTea Planner said...

Rebecca,
Those are just too cute! Now you've got the small area in the right side of my brain cranking with what I could do with some of my beloved teacups! Thanks for sharing! ~Risa

woof nanny said...

love love love the teacup nests. Wow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails