Monday, May 07, 2007

Thrift Adventure

Saturday was a perfect day. I got up crack of dawn early and headed over to The Odd Duck's nest to pick up Katie for our trip out to The Pink Kitchen. Meeting Leigh Ann was like when you meet your first ever friend who is just like you. She likes the things I like. She does the things I do. I followed her around the thrift store yammering like a monkey all day long. It was bliss. :)

We started off with a yummy breakfast of delicious coffee and an apple crumb loaf in, you guessed it, the PINK kitchen. It is way cuter in person if that's even possible.



We were joined by Susan, another thrifter from down the street. Susan had emailed me a bit and when I found out she lived near Leigh Ann I got the two of them together. Turned out she lived right across street! Small world strikes again. After an hour or so of chatter we went to a few thrifts before stopping for lunch at a Tea Shop.



After sipping some delicious Earl Grey we headed to two more thrift shops! Before I knew it, it was almost 5:00 pm and we sat down for coffee at 8:30 am! Such a wonderful day with some lovely ladies. Oh and the thrifting . . .



Just a few goodies to share though I cleaned up in a big way! That little blue Delft "vomiting cow" (ha ha Leigh Ann!) is one of my favorite finds of the day. The doily pot holder is backed with quilted rose patterned fabric and is Laura Ashley. I may steal that idea. The fabric was my favorite from about 6 other pieces of strawberry themed pieces. Leigh Ann snagged some as well. Oh and those yellow things? More to come on that . . .

Another favorite find . .



A large gold Mele jewelry box with . . .



a ballerina! Usually the ballerina is long gone by the time these make it to the thrift shop. The music box still works as well. Score!

All in all a perfect day! Stay tuned for more "Odd Pink Goodness" adventures. :)

****************************

And speaking of Goodness . . . Lucy and I have asked Leigh Ann to join us over at Sweet Goodness Swaps! We could certainly use an extra hand after the popularity of the Spring Fling Swap. We plan to announce the next swap soon so keeps your ears open!

Tomorrow I'll share my ATC swap package (set up by her Highness, the venerable Vallen) I received from Roxanne today. It's too cute. She really went all out! I hope to get hers in the mail today and that it measures up to her great swapping prowess. Roxanne was a bit early and I totally have some kind of post office bad luck jinx curse something or other going on lately. Please do some good blogger jou-jou dances for me that I can get there today before they close the doors! It's zero tolerance for people showing up at 5:01 pm in that joint. :)

xoxoxo
Rebecca

13 comments:

Jodi Ohl said...

Sounds like a wonderful day--kindred souls that were meant to meet! Kinda like the circle we've created through all of our blogs, long lost friends who have so much in common despite the miles!

Welcome Leigh Anne to our "Staff" at Sweet Goodness swaps!! :) The pay isn't that high, but the payoff is tremendous, many new friends and lots of adventures along the way!

Okay back to work for me!

XOXO,

lucy

LA said...

It was a fabulous day and even better to have found you! :)

xo LA

Woohoo on becoming a Goodness Girl!

Jenn Maruska said...

That jewelry box is wonderful! It looks like it's in great shape! Nice find! : )

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous...I want to have breakfast in the pink kitchen!

Paula said...

Sounds fabulous! I have met a three bloggy friends who live right in my neighborhood and are now real life friends. Such fun!

Jane said...

How fun! And....OMG!! I love the ballerina! Memory lane calling!

Breanna said...

Sounds like the perfect day! Gosh, that music box reminds me of six year old me. I just loved those ballerinas.

Alex M said...

Sounds like a great day! And, one thing I like about Blogs, is that you learn that others think like you... hmm... doesn't everyone who owns one of those cows make retching noises when they pour the cream???

An Odd Duck said...

Hehe, it was a great day. You girls cheer me up. You are really both inspiration for what I want in my life. That is pretty cool. Hope we can do it again sometime soon.

LeeAnn said...

I need to get a few girls together for a thrifting day out! I just found *the best* sewing supply thrift store ever this weekend! It's a one room shack behind a quilt store and totally stumbled upon it by chance. She has a barrel full of buttons! And drawers of old hankies. It's my number one place now.

I can't wait til the next swap!

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

What a fun day you had! I had an enjoyable day Saturday too but yours was truly an adventure.

linda t said...

You are sooo right! The ballerina never makes it to the thrift store! Wow! What a score!
Sounds like soo much fun!
Can't wait to hear and see more!

Katie Jean said...

Wow what fun! I'm jealous you got to see the pink kitchen up close and personal. I love the jewelry box, who doesn't love a tiny ballerina?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails