Friday, August 10, 2007

At Least it's Friday

It's raining. AGAIN. I know there are people out in the Pacific Northwest who are like "whatever" but I bet they didn't get splashed by not one but TWO cabs this morning as they slogged through two inches of water to reach an office that is freezing. Man I want to go home.

So, as I am in a pretty crappy mood I thought I would brighten my day by visiting blog land! But what to post about? I know many of you are doing the Encyclopedia of me and I thought about it but I hate the pressure to post about something specific. I have been enjoying reading both Heidi's and Bee's though.

So how about some random babble?

As you know, I do custom orders on things I sell in my Goodness Shop. You may remember the order of 20 ducks and 10 cupcakes. That was a big one. Recently, I did a few smaller custom orders. One was this tea cup potholder for Lauren:



It was for her mother and she said it was well received! I'm so glad. I do think it came out cute and I'm in the process of making a few for the shop. I'll be naming this yellow one after Lauren's mother, Joyce. :)

So what else? Let's see . . . I know! You know the paper crowns I've made in the past? Well I came across this tutorial that shows how to make crowns very similar to my own. Part 1 and Part 2. Check them out!

Oh and I also MUST have this cute witch and these candy corn bottle brush trees. MUST. Seems that they are on back order which cracks me up since I got the catalog only yesterday. Yesterday was also when my husband said we need to budget our money better so I'm thinking he had something to do with me not being able to purchase these must have items. GRRR.

Anyway, that's about it for me today. Not much going on. I did hit the thrift last night and it was rather uneventful but I'll share some pictures of the few goods I found on Monday.

Have a FABULOUS weekend.

cheers
Rebecca

8 comments:

flanthrower said...

Awww...what a happy looking potholder?

As for rain in the NW, I lived there for four years and am moving back and I must say that I've never gotten used to the rain.

Sarah and Jack said...

With my bottle brush dyeing technique you could make your own candy corn trees a lot cheaper than those!

Unknown said...

Ooh, Sarah is right! I may have to dig through the Christmas boxes to find the leftover trees from last year and try it. I just did a quick eBay search on "candy cane tree" and a couple came up...you might want to give it a look!

Jenn Maruska said...

That potholder is adorable!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Sorry for the rain! I LOVE that candy corn colored bottle brush tree!

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

Sweet potholder! Yep, I would love to have some of those trees too :)

Jennifer said...

The potholder is divine!

Thanks for the links for the tutorials on the crowns - my daughter's bday is next week and was thinking of making her a hat - this will be perfect!

monique said...

I have been trying to upload the photo's of the ovely things I received from Lynsey. Now I have them on my flickr account but somehow I can't post them on the page of the summer swap.......I don't know what I'm doing wrong......Please help!!!!!!!
Monique.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails