Thursday, March 27, 2008

Something thrifted . . .

Well you knew the week couldn't go by without my "sharing of the treasures." Last Friday I took the day off and took myself shopping. Even on a day I promise not to get mad at myself for buying some nice things I still end up at the Thrift Store and digging through the clearance racks at Michaels.

One very lucky find were these:



Uh huh. They go perfectly with my hob nail cake plate. :) They were $5 a piece, and like I said when I bought the cake plate, that is high in my book for the thrift and I almost put them back. But then I remembered that it was my pre-birthday shopping extravaganza! and I put them in the cart. So glad I did.

Also found this super sweet pillow:



Cute, right? I thought perhaps someone made it but alas it's from Laura Ashley. At $2 it, too, made it's way into my cart.

I'm a sucker for those random bags of crap found at most thrifts. You know the ones I mean. They might contain one thing you know you want, one thing you think is ugly as sin and one thing that you're really not sure what the hell it is. How thrilling! In a recent bag I bought for 99 cents the mystery item turned out to be pink rubber cleaning gloves. The packaging was Korean and cute as all get out and I just HAD. TO. KNOW what was in there. Well, 99 cents for some pink cleaning gloves ain't too bad. And they're the long kind, too.

This is a bag I bought last weekend:



Some "water repellent ribbon" (it's floral ribbon and a lovely shade of salmon) and a few other trims including that giant fuzzy rick rack. All for $2. Love those bags.

And last but not a least . . . .



Only 99 cents for this fond child hood memory . . . . a Fisher Price Happy Apple. :) He still makes a lovely tinkling noise when he rolls around.

I'm hoping for another trip to thrift this weekend.

fondly . . .

16 comments:

vko said...

Hi Rebecca!

So glad that you enjoyed J's shower!
I love those candlesticks- they are super cute, as are so many things on your blog.

And that smiley apple face is way sweet- that's how I feel when I see old Fisher Price Little People- made from wood when I was a kid.

Will be back to visit for more cute goodness.

Vallen said...

Boy have I missed you.
I buy those bags all the time and often end up loving some random thing in them more than the item I thought i bought the bag for.

Jane said...

Love the hobnail candle sticks. My parents had a pair of hobnail lamps. Wish I had those, but alas, I believe some time in the 80's they were sold at a garage sale. Keep an eye out, who knows you might find them at the thrift!

Feather Gold said...

Hey Rebecca!
Thanks for the words of encouragement as well! It always helps to hear them.

Hey I love that apple face. I totally had one and loved it! Loving the hobnail candlesticks. You always do so well thrifting. You have a lot of patience that I don't :-)

J~

Sarah and Jack said...

Nice. I hardly ever see milk glass candle sticks, although I see plenty of other milk glass.

And I also fondly remember that apple.

Kai said...

HOW FUN!!! You just took me down memory lane with the Fisher Price item - I SWEAR I should have owned stock in the Fisher Price company when my daughter was little! And their stuff is made to be played with and to LAST! Also adore the candlesticks! I love milk glass so much and HOBnail milk glass even MORE. I even bought an Annie's Attic crochet pattern a million YEARS ago for an entire SET of crocheted hobnail items including a pitcher and washbasin. Your thrifting trip was a HUGE success!

Breanna said...

You're killing me with your milk glass finds. Absolutely lovely.

Thimbleanna said...

Excellent grabs Rebecca1 Especially the milk glass (too pretty) and the ricrac. Didn't make it in this trip -- for some reason I was just too pooped to perk. Too many meetings I guess. It killed me though, not to have little excitement to look forward to!!!

Wendy said...

Wow, I didn't know there was fuzzy ric rac! You always find such great stuff - send some of your thrifting mojo my way - my friend Jessica and I are hitting the shops tomorrow. All two of them. Ha!

LA said...

Did you say pre-birthday? I need the date!

I spy with my little eye lots of black, white, and aqua.... :)

The candlesticks are keepers.

LA xo

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I loved that Happy Apple! Too cute.

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

Yay happy apple! so fun! oh and the fuzzy ricrac is cool too.

Mama Said Sew said...

Oh the Happy Apple! Such a cheery find. :) The candlesticks and trims are nice too. I haven't been to the thrift in a couple of weeks. Definitely need to remedy that this week.

misskp said...

ooooh...those candlesticks are soooooooooooo beautiful! I am (drool) truly lusting after them! I love those bags of trims. Always find some goodies in them!

Popsicles & Lollipops said...

The happy apple makes me well, happy!
Unlike many of today's toys his noise is a pleasant one. I love ALL that is anthropomorphic.

Anonymous said...

The candle sticks are a GEM, I collect hobnail milk glass and I haven't seen them before, I AM JEALOUS!!!! Love all the other great finds you have found recently!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails