Thursday, March 06, 2008

My So Called Life

The wonderful Leigh Ann tagged me to do the interesting "describe yourself" in 6 words thing. You can read hers here, the enigmatic VQ's here and my favorite new buddy, Thimbleanna's here.

So I thought about it and if you would have asked me to blurt out the first thing to come to mind it would have been "STRESSED OUT, NEED A MARGARITA, STAT." But then I give it a bit more thought and came up with these, all basically the same meaning:

Always a Jack of All Trades or A Little Miss Know it All or Love Learning Something New Every Day. (you decide)

I've worked in sales, the music industry, restaurants, health care and telecom.

I went to college for, in no particular order, Oceanographic studies, Literature, Ancient History, Operatic Voice and Massage. I would like to go again for Anthropology.

I'm a certified Sports Massage Therapist who specialized in rotation disorder.

I knit, I crochet and I sort of sew. I can make you ANYTHING out of paper.

I'm a wife and somewhat of a cook.

I know CPR and First Aid and how to fix a toilet.

I can name all the Egyptian Pharaoh's of the 18th and 19th dynasties IN ORDER.

I can sing, from memory, songs in English, Latin, Italian and German.

I could tell you where to go and 6 different ways to get there in the great city of New York.

I could go on and on . . . .

So how do you capture in a photograph the spirit of a girl who still doesn't know what she wants to be when she grows up??


*photo by Mandi Loranger. Not one of her favorite photographs, but certainly one of mine*


And now to tag a few of you to share your six word memoirs, how about Wendy, Linda and Jane.

fondly . . .

5 comments:

LA said...

Great post. Love the picture.

Cheers! LA

Thimbleanna said...

Ok, STRESSED OUT, NEED A MARGARITA, STAT made me burst out laughing! But, since I get to choose one of the others, I'm definitely going with Love Learning Something New Every Day. What a fantastic 6-word memoir and certainly one to strive for! And p.s., I can certainly see dinner with you would NEVER be boring!!!

Vallen said...

Wait - you forgot Wizardess training camp.

I knew you were a girl of multiple x 10 talents.

A beautiful photo.

Jane said...

That photo is great. I would love to see the ones Mandi does like!

Breanna said...

I sill don't know what I want to be when I grow either...I like the picture.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails