Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Karma :)

Back in December I received a lovely package from Heidi. Along with that gorgeous pin was a gift certificate to Savers, a national thrift store chain. Normally, a gift certificate is burning a hole in my pocket and I run out and spend it right away. But this one stuck around awhile. First, I didn't make it to Savers until early February and when I got there I realized that I had left the gift certificate home! But I wasn't making that mistake twice and made sure it was in my bag when I headed out treasure hunting last Saturday.

Well, I say KARMA because look what I used it for:



Karma because I know Heidi would have snagged that hobnail cake plate for herself and because at $10 I probably wouldn't have bought it without having a gift certificate.* Oh and if I hadn't forgotten the GC when I went the last time I might not even have stopped there last weekend! And those milk glass mugs? They're pink. Oh yes, pink.



The most lovely palest pink and I had to have them. I certainly don't need anymore glassware (as DH is quick to point out) but COME. ON. Pink milk glass? Who are we kidding, I wasn't leaving them behind. I'm thinking they will make lovely tea cup pin cushions. Thoughts?

So THANK YOU, Heidi. It's almost like you knew. ;)

*******************************

Spring swap coming soon over at Sweet Goodness. We've cooked up a good one, let me tell you! It will be announced on Monday March 24th and there is a short sign up period so stay tuned!

*******************************

Thank you all so much for the kind words on my curtains. :) I do really like them. And they are really encouraging me to just go for it with other sewing projects I was afraid to botch! Hope to have something new to share soon. :)

cheers
Rebecca

* - for some reason I think of money differently at the thrift. The cake plate, which is a nice, heavy milk glass hobnail with a ruffle edge (for the love of Pete!) was $9.99. At the thrift that is INSANELY high. But at say TJ Max or on EBay it would be a score! I mean what is wrong with me? Yeesh. Glad I came to my senses on this one.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Hooray for you!! :) I'm so glad that I some part in helping you bring these beauties home. :) BTW, the cups are Jeannette Shell Pink. They are adorable! And the cake plate is to die for, of course. :)

Leigh Ann said...

It is all wonderful! Heidi was definetly there in spirit.

Cheers! LA

Yo! SLB Raps said...

I'd love to drink some chocolate milk with you out of those cups when I visit! Tell your DH to shush, and go shred something.

Shara said...

I do the same thing at the thrift and yard sales. "10.00? Are they crazy?" Then I ask myself, "If I saw it at the Mall for $10.00, would I buy it?"

I usually do......;o)

hunnybunny said...

I love those milk cups, they are beautiful and needed a home they would be loved in. I am jealous of your cake plate, I was at the thrift store yesterday and saw it's twin. I was so excited and went to grab it. TWENTY FIVE dollars!! I so would have snatched it for ten, it's still there. I don't know who took over pricing but they're crazy.

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

That is a beautiful cake plate! I think I would have bought it as well even at $9.99

Breanna said...

Gorgeous! I love the mugs. I have the same thrift store mentality you do, I regret having passed up a few things that were too much money, or not half off that day, when they still really were a bargain. And yes, I am looking forward to our flea market adventure. Soon!

Puff said...

Pop a tea light into one of those pink cups and see how pretty milk glass looks with a candle in it! Or even use one of those battery operated tea lights that are turning up at the dollar store these days.

VaxGirl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails