Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Big 2 - 0 - 0

So, here are 200 things you didn't know about me . . . just kidding. :)

I've been thinking long and hard about what to write in my 200th post. It's become a bit of a milestone out there in blog land and I wanted to do it justice. I won't bore you with lists and I know each and everyone one of you knows the great admiration I have for craft bloggers and all the wonderful friends I have made and cherish.

So what to talk about? My first post was on April 17th, 2006. All it said was Ta da! Here's my new blog. Very creative, no? I've enjoyed looking back over the treasures I have found and the items I have created. I've noticed many of them still in my everyday life. It's nice to actually USE what you thrift or make, isn't it? But still no inspiration struck me.

Then last night I had a dream that I was rich. This morning I was thinking how wonderful that would be. I could afford a therapist to tell all my troubles to. I could afford to spend months at a spa working on my health and weight management. I could afford to not have a job and just create. I would be able to have some crazy business where I made custom lampshades and even if they were garish, and the very well could be, my "friends" would buy them because I was rich (and thus famous) and who WOULDN'T want a peacock blue leopard print lampshade with gold fringe? Why it's a Goodness original isn't it??

Well I don't need all that monetary wealth because I am already rich. I have many good friends who's couch is always open to me to spill my guts on. And friends who will listen to my trials and tribulations of weight gain and offer recipes and to accompany me the gym. And while I can't quit my job (which would honestly be bliss) I can still create my little wonders and my REAL friends will want them regardless of how garish they are because I made them especially for them and from the heart. And of course because it's a Goodness original.

Thank you all for being my friends and letting me vent, cry and create with you and for you. I've lived, laughed, loved and wept along with many of you and I wouldn't trade that for all the wealth in the world.

In honor of my 200th post I'll be doing the traditional giveaway. I'm not sure what the prize will be but I know it will include something thrifted, something crafted and a whole lot of Goodness.

So if you're interested in receiving a little Goodness from me, please leave a comment here and I'll draw a random winner or perhaps 2. I'll send your goodies out sometime late next week.

I'm off to Charm City for my sister's wedding. Hugs my friends!

Rebecca

27 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

It's been so nice getting to know you!

flanthrower said...

Congrats on the big 2-0-0! It's been such a joy meeting you in blogland and in person. :)

Enjoy your sister's wedding!

Sharon said...

Love your blog and always love to see what thrifty goodness you come home with! Congrats on your 200th!! :)

Jodi Ohl said...

Sending you big happy sisterly blog love, I've enjoyed the journey with you. Congrats on your 200th post!

hugs,

lucy

Funky Finds said...

who doesn't want goodness??? count me in!

Roxanne said...

Congrats on your two hundredth post! I am so glad I've gotten to know you! I look forward to 200 more!

Unknown said...

Hooray for 200! Yours was one of the first thrift blogs that I ever found--I think I've been reading since pretty close to the beginning. Here's to 200 more! :)

Dana said...

Happy 200th :) Here's to many more!
I always look forward to new posts!




Dana
d07@goldingers.com

Sarah and Jack said...

Ahhh, that was nice. :-)

Alex M said...

You blog is so aptly named. Everything you do is so sweet and optomistic. I was shocked when I first figured out you were a New-Yawka -- with all that country goodness, I thought for sure you were a small-town girl. Your blog is one of those that I must check every day. A thrifting and crafting inspiration!

wayfarer said...

I really like your blog even though i've only been reading a few months. Good stuff. I look forward to your next 200 posts. :-) I'd like some goodness but understand if i can't join because i'm new here...

Heidi said...

congrats to you--and to your sister!

svelteSTUFF said...

Thanks for being a constant morning read with my first cup-o-joe!!
S-

LA said...

Happy, happy 200, my dear, sweet goodness girl!

Miss you. Love, LA

Best wishes to Mandi. I can't wait to see pictures.

Amy M. said...

Congrats on 200 posts. I have so enjoyed reading your blog!

-Amy

http://craftingbycandlelight.blogspot.com

Puff said...

Happy 200th! Soon we must rummage!
VaxGirl

Jenn Maruska said...

Big congrats on number 200!!!

Here's to many, many more to come!

: D

jungle dream pagoda said...

Congratulations sweet friend a milestone indeed ,and keep on bloggin"

Leah Yourstone said...

Thanks for being my thriftspiration!
Keep on bloggin all those fun finds.

Paula said...

Happy 200th!

Julie said...

Congratulations to both you and your sister!

Jane said...

Cheer! Here's to continued thrifty, crafty, goodness! I am looking forward to seeing pics from the wedding! I loved yours, so I thik we are in for a real treat!

Mama Said Sew said...

Congrats Rebecca! And Best Wishes to your sister. :)

Lee Weber said...

love your blog! count me in the giveaway!

silbook said...

I've just discovered your blog, love it. Please enter me in your drawing.

Raesha D said...

Congratulations!! Here's to many more years and lots of posts!!!

Tini A. said...

I wish you a wonderful time by your sister and her wedding!!!!

warm wishes
from Germany :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails