Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fabulous Fun & Fantastic Finds

I'm back! We had a wonderful weekend get away to Mystic, CT and I have much to share. One of the big highlights of the trip was getting to meet Susan at T Party!



She is just as wonderful as I knew she would be and our tea was delicious! We had the fall tea and I just fell in love with Vintage Rose. Yum. T Party is lovely and charming.



Don't you love those chairs? You can read about my visit here at Susan's blog. Susan, thank you again for the wonderful hospitality and all your great suggestions for our trip!

Another highlight of thispast weekend was of course the Elephant's Trunk Flea Market. Since we first read about this flea in Country Living I was worried that it might be a lot of pricey antiques but I was very happy with the offerings and my finds. So in true Country Living fashion, here is my run down:



Atlantic City Pennant - 50 cents

Columbia Pennant - $3.00

Bronx Zoo Pennant - $5.00

(These are to decorate Luis' office.)



Vintage Powder Tins - 50 cents

(I bought the one on the left for 50 cents and then the lady said she had another but had lost the top and didn't want to sell it and said I could have it.)



Vintage Carded Buttons - $5.00 for 5 cards (we saw many buttons for $6 to $10 a card!)

Strawberry Pin Cushion - $1.00

Flower Pin - $1.00

Religious Medallion - $1.00



Book of Sheet Music - 50 cents

Vintage Knitting Sweater Pamphlet - $1.00

Vintage Hankies - $2.00 for 2

Victorian Postcards - $3.00 for 3

GRAND TOTAL - $23.50 (not including the giant bag of kettle corn enjoyed by all)

Just looking again at my treasures makes me want to head back out to the flea market right away! Too bad it's 90 minutes away and will have to be an occasional trip. :)

More from Mystic to come and guess what? I'm a Rockin' Girl Blogger! Woo hoo!



Can you believe it? Thanks to Hunny Bunny Knits! I am so flattered and will be posting my nominees for Rockin' Girl Blogger this week. Thanks again!

xoxoxo
Rebecca

9 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Ha, I love the graphic on that sweater pamphlet.

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

It was great meeting you and I'm so glad you had fun in CT. What a wonderful array of goodies you found at the Elephant's Trunk! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your weekend.

LA said...

Green with envy, I am.

Unknown said...

What a fun trip! I can't believe you found goodies at such low prices--heck, that's cheaper than any estate sales around here! I would definitely have thought things would be crazy expensive. Cool finds! That sweater booklet totally makes me giggle. :) Love the buttons and the pennants!

Vallen said...

We are so going to both those places when I visit NY.

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I think someday I will get over swap angst. Until then I'll live through you and all your cool swaps. I love the powder tins. Shoot I love all your stuff, those are some awesome finds.

Jodi Ohl said...

That's great there were some wonderful treasures at reasonable prices. So often you do find great items at these flea markets but they are at outrageous prices :) The T-Party visit looks like it was fun as well, glad you had such a great time!

Heidi said...

Love the buttons--and the religious medal, of course. Great thrifting.

Funky Finds said...

the bronx zoo pendant is TOO cool! glad to find your shop & blog through the sweet 'n sinister swap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails