Friday, October 26, 2007

Night Night Snowman

So, I'm no sewer. But I've been inspired to learn by all the fabulousness I see out there in blog land. Like this, this, this and this. You remember that I made sleep masks from this book by Tone Finnanger. Well I found out she has two other craft books, one for spring and this one for Christmas crafting:



I got it used from Amazon marketplace for about $4. The projects are just as cute as the ones in Sew Pretty and I decided to get started right away.



Meet Mr. Snowman. (Luis named him. The funny thing is he said he was naming him after that famous snowman who wore a top hat and marched all around town. You know, FROSTY. However, Luis seems to think his name was Mr. Snowman. Okay. Whatever.)



Mr. Snowman is made from white cotton twill and his pajamas are made from cotton. He is very difficult to photograph especially with the grey dismal skies we've been having in old New York. From afar he looks pretty darn good I think! Just don't get too close to those pj's or you'll see how the sleeves don't match up and that they are a wee bit small for Mr. Snowman. I seriously need to work on my seam allowances. I made the worlds tiniest slipper last night, oy. Anyway, he looks great hanging from my hutch but he was intended as a gift and I'll need to stick to that. Maybe.

*********************

I got to open a few more fun gifts from Sid including this cute note pad:



She does lovely cross stitch embroidery don't you think? Inside she wrote me a note saying this was the place to jot down things for when the muse speaks to me. :) You can see my number 7 gift here, it's quite funny! I saved number 8 to open this evening!

I also received the sweetest Halloween card from Heidi:



She makes the best cards and I am lucky to have received a few! I even received a cherry note card she made for Shara in a package to me from Shara! Thanks Heidi!

Oh and since I brought her up, only Shara would mail you something in this:



And that, my friends, is why I love her. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, I'll be back next week with my 200th post!!

cheers,
Rebecca

8 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

OMG you made tiny pajamas! Awesome.

jungle dream pagoda said...

Love Mr Snow man ! love the glimpse at your dishes! I got a purdy Card too! I plan on using it as an orny next year on my as yet un-purchased Halloween tree,bought at the afterH-day sales!

Heidi said...

Wow, that's a pretty complicated sewing project! Looks great to me!

Thimbleanna said...

Yes, Yes, we'll make a sewer (no, not the kind water runs through) out of you! You'll be richly rewarded!!! Still fun seeing your swap gifts!

Mama Said Sew said...

Mr. Snowman is very cute Rebecca! Love his pajamas. :)

Paula said...

I believe your sewing skills are just fine! What a cute little snoman. I love how he hangs from your hutch!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Love, love your fun blog!
Best wishes ~
Cathy

Lee Weber said...

I just got my first sewing machine- now I need to go get some books. That, and learn how to follow a pattern!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails