Monday, October 15, 2007

Happily Ever After



My sister Mandi's bridal shower was a huge success! I think everyone had a lovely time, especially the bride. :) This is a picture heavy post and I hope you enjoy! We did a "Happily Ever After" theme in Cinderella colors of pale blue, white, silver and black. My mother made the gorgeous wreath above.



I made Mandi a banner that we hung over the main table.



We decorated with white pumpkins and black leaves on cake stands and lots of silver serving dishes.



We even used "fancy" paper goods including plastic cutlery that looks like real silver flat ware! All that white milk glass was a really lucky thrift store find on Friday morning. Oh and check out the cute rings tied to the napkins . . .



My cousin Lisa made this gorgeous cake:



It's based on this cake from Martha Stewart Weddings. Isn't it amazing?

The favors were Italian inspired:



The boxes are called Italian favor boxes and inside are the traditional five Jordan almonds. In traditional Italian weddings, five almonds signify five wishes for the bride and groom: health, wealth, happiness, fertility, and longevity.

Speaking of tradition, in 1970 my great-grandmother Mary Fiore made a shower umbrella to use for my Aunt Pam's bridal shower. That umbrella has now been used for every family and close friends shower ever since.

We decorated Mandi's umbrella with blue bows, blue tissue flowers and a glass star to wish upon. :) You can see a better picture here. Blogger wouldn't let me upload this one for some reason.
We also left this little guy on Mandi's chair:
He was one of my favorite decorative elements!
And just to show you that craftiness runs in the family, this chest was made by my Dad:
Isn't it wonderful? Instead of the traditional bridal shower wishing well we decided to have a "Princess Dowry" and ask each guest to bring a little something for Mandi's treasure chest.
And here is the bride to be checking out her booty!
Congratulations Mandi! Ryan is one lucky guy.
Cheers,
Rebecca

10 comments:

Jodi Ohl said...

Wow--looks like a smashing success! I love the color combinations Mandi chose to have, your Aunt's cake is wonderful. She did a great job! The idea of a treasure chest is fabulous, I would never of thought of that!
Whens's the big day?

xoxo

lucy

Puff said...

Oh my gosh! Your crafting talent is genetic! Everything looks so lovely, you're all amazing. No one in my family ever crafted anything except me and my dad. I am looking for sales on Saturday in case you still want to rummage!

VaxGirl

Angela - Life w/ Two Busy Boys said...

Love all the ideas! Looks great!

Unknown said...

Rebecca, it looks fabulous! I love the theme and the decor. The white pumpkins & black leaves look so striking! That treasure chest is amazing!

Jenn Maruska said...

Lovely! The color combinations - beautiful! Congrats to the bride to be!!!

Mama Said Sew said...

Everythign looks wonderful Rebecca! And craftiness definitely runs in your family. :)

(BTW, I think your cousin Lisa's cake is prettier than Martha's!)

Heidi said...

How cool that you and your sister are having weddings so close to each other. Seems like just a few weeks ago I was looking at photos from your shower!

Katie Jean said...

wow looks like it was a great time. Everything is sooo beautiful!

Tip Junkie said...

Everything turned out so beautiful!! That chest is amazing too!

Shopaholic D said...

wow! what a good sister you are?! everything looks so lovely!

:) D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails