Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lucky Girl

I have loads of swap stuff to share. I've been so lucky to have such wonderful swap partners! So without further ado . . .

I did a swap with Lucy, one of my best blogging buddies. She and I discovered each other when we first started blogging and have stuck together like glue.



Look at all that! Lucy is so kind and generous. You can see one of her hand painted trays, an altered clipboard note pad holder (I needed this! It's already hanging in my kitchen with my grocery list on it.), a sweet mushroom ornament, an altered box to hold all my tiny treasures, a small plate with a wine motif, an altered can that is currently in my craft room holding buttons, a sachet, note cars and a Halloween tea towel!



These goodies were inside the box and the pumpkin candles were wrapped in the Halloween towel. But the best part of the package was one of Lucy's famous collages:



It makes me cry when I see it. It says "friends" "a rare find" and "in perfect harmony." :) Thank you so so much my dear sweet friend. :) I feel the same way.

*****************************

I also received my Halloween package from Breanna for our sister swap. I was totally not thinking and didn't take a picture of it before I tore into it.



Breanna told me she buys box lots from a local auction house and she sent me some of her finds! There is a sheet music magazine that I will never be able to bring myself to cut up, a vintage crocheted handbag pattern book that has some really cool bags in it and a copy of a play called "The Haunted House." She wrapped it all in those lovely orange fabrics and do you see that pendant there?



I tried so hard to get a decent picture to show you but I just couldn't do it. It it so sweet and perfect and I love it! Oh and there WAS candy. Yes, there WAS. Ahem. Anyway, thank you, Breanna! You can see what I sent Breanna here. She also shows you what she sent me and her pictures are WAY better than mine. :)

*********************************

And since I last posted I've opened FOUR more of Sid's 13 days to Halloween surprises!



When I saw this paper doll on Sid's blog I was really hoping she was coming my way! She's even more sweet in person and is two sided!



And this was number three, how much do I love the honeycomb pumpkin and little chenille stem pumpkin man?? And that jack o lantern field guide? Too cute. Sid talks more about where she got the downloads to make the paper crafts here. The candy was in a sweet Halloween cracker. I ate the candy and saved the cracker. :)

Like a dolt I forgot to take a picture of the tiny matchbox Sid sent as my Day 4 gift. Fortunately you can see it and read about the good luck that comes of keeping an "ort box" in your home here.

And what did I get today??



A sweet little wristlet bag with knitting and crocheting statch markers! It's been so much fun to open a gift a day and Sid is a wonderful partner. I feel so lucky!

**************************

Tomorrow, some fun finds from the weekend and later this week . . . why snow men shouldn't wear pajamas.

hugs
R

3 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Wow, how fun is that Jack o Lantern field guide?

Jodi Ohl said...

It's like Christmas in October at Rebecca's house with all the pressie's ! The paper dolls are adorable!! Love em!

The words behind the collage are so true.

xoxo,

lucy

Felicia said...

What fun new treasures :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails