Monday, July 30, 2007

Grumble Grumble

I can't find the cord for my camera. I know I SAW it somewhere but I can't remember where. Hopefully I'll find it quickly and be back on Wednesday with some pictures from the Wizard Helmet Sweat Shop. Yeah, don't ask. It's just not as interesting with out the pictures.

Anyhoo . . . you can visit here to see the Summer Fun Swap package I sent to Dana! Her pictures are WAY better than my own. I'm sure you are surprised. But since I had already loaded up the pictures of my swap goodies before the cord went missing, let's take a look, shall we?

First up, my crocheted bag:



Yeah the picture is sideways, I'm still having issues with Photobucket. Anyway, I used Lily Cotton Elite which they just don't seem to make any more and that saddens me. The pattern is from this book and is featured on the cover with contrasting ruffles and a wooden handle. I modified the pattern to make a smaller bag.



I lined it with a thrifted sheet. See that pocket in there? I SEWED IT. ON MY SEWING MACHINE. Yes. You read that right. It looks pretty good, too! Well, for me at least. And this picture shows the true orange color of the yarn, it's not that bright tropical orange of the first picture. I filled Dana's bag with orange and yellow beauty goodies like toe separators, lip gloss, shower gel and one of my favorite Henri Bendel candles. Oh boy do I love products!



I also made some fabric flower pins from that same sheet and another yellow and white one also thrifted. I tied them onto a thrifted lunch basket that I really had a hard time giving away. I have never seen one like this before! But I was good and gave it to Dana as I intended when I purchased it. She is lucky. :)



I also included some crafty items like ribbon, embroidery floss, a pillowcase and some buttons I covered with that sheet. Dana seemed to really like the sparkly D I added. I just love those glittery chipboard letters! I have silver and red and find loads of uses for them.



Here is the whole shabang where you can see the Vera scarf and embroidered pineapple napkins I also included. I really had fun putting this package together. I thought I would have a hard time with the orange and yellow combo but when I started looking it seemed to be everywhere!

I hope everyone else is enjoying their Summer Fun Swaps. You can see pictures of many of the swap packages here. We'll be posting details soon over at Sweet Goodness Swaps about how you can vote in our Swap Container Contest!

Cheers
Rebecca

12 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Um... I know you said don't ask but...

"Wizard Helmet Sweat Shop"?!?!?

Do tell!

(And of course, your swap goodies are fabulous.. I have been the lucky recipient of one of your ribbon cards and you don't hold back on those! I'm sure she loves it!)

Sarah and Jack said...

So, do I need to post a picture of my swap container, email it to you, or?

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

Your package of goodies is so bright and cheerful, I know she will love it! I just love the color combination.

Jane said...

Love the pillowcase! I had a friend in childhood who had those sheets in the pink and green combo! I agree with you about the yellow and orange it was super easy! Now, I am stuck on it! It took me a long time to stop looking for pink and brown(which I see all the time, now.)so I can only imagine how long I will be snapping up yellow and orange.

Katie Jean said...

great things! I love the crocheted bag!

Breanna said...

Love the bag! And the lunch basket. I think it's funny you had a hard time giving it away - I bought a chocolate bar for Lucy, and it was sooooo hard for me to stay away from it! It was just calling to me....

Dana said...

I AM one seriously lucky girl! Again, thank you soooo much Rebecca!

Maria said...

I love that bag! way cool goodies for your partner.

Natasha said...

THe bag is georgous (when in the #$%% did I start to like the color orange...shrug) you did a great job. It reminds me of a bag I had as a kid. THe bottom was plasit like half of a milk jug container and the top was crocheted the whole thing was lined and I loved it.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you assembled all that cute stuff. I'm going to keep checking for your upcoming post on the "Wizard Helmet Sweat Shop"...What on earth???

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Oh my goodness! Lucky Dana! Your package to her looks fantastic!

And speaking of packages, thanks for the one you sent me. The whole family loves them!!! I totally owe you!!!! I promise I'll send you some goodies soon :-)(((((hugs))))))

jessica said...

Thrifting here has been so so lately too. But, I think your trims are a treasure - I'd come help you sew anytime! Too bad I'm not closer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails