Friday, July 20, 2007

Orange & Yellow in the Summer Sun

Look what I got:



Oooooo what is it???



Why it's a hat box full of sunshine from Dana! She painted it and then decoupaged the top with happy flowers!



Look at all of the goodies! How about a closer peek?



Dana makes hand made soaps and sugar scrubs and lucky me, I got a HUGE set! You can visit Dana's website where she sells her goodies here. The soaps she sent me are Sweet Orange & Chamomile, Oatmeal Milk & Honey and Cinnamon Apple Peach. I can't wait to use them! She also included two lovely orange candles that look homemade to me. Dana?



Before the swap Dana emailed to ask if my house had white accents or black and then she painted those adorable wall ornaments to fit my taste! The black will go perfectly with my butter yellow walls and rich red accents. And see that sweet sunflower water color? Dana knows the artist, Carolyn Molder!



The little quilted pillow has that perfect rustic country look about it and will go perfectly on my sun porch. The floral hand bag is so sweet and look at the appliques! Don't you love the butterflies? Dana thought the pink, blue and white flowers would go well with my crocheted tea cup pot holders. The Noel paper coasters are vintage. And speaking of vintage Christmas . . .



Look at these cute vintage Christmas napkins! They are the 12 days of Christmas and came in the best box. I love them! (I think if you click on the picture it will rotate it properly, Photobucket is being difficult today.) I love the 12 Days of Christmas. Funny story, when we were kids my parents would have a Christmas party every year and the whole family would get together. At some point in the night my Aunt Gloria would assign small groups one of the days in the 12 Days of Christmas and that would be your group's solo in the song. Everyone wanted 12 so they would only have to sing once. :) They taped the song each year and we would listen to the previous years singing before taping the new year. We were awful! The word "caterwauling" comes to mind. ;) Anyway, one year when my sister Mandi was about 4 years old she didn't want us to sing so she sat under the table with her hands over her ears and screaming at the top of her lungs. When you listen to the tape you would hear everyone sing "And a partridge in a pear tree" and then Mandi would yell "SHUT UP!" really loud. Ahh, sweet family memories.

ANYWAY, thank you Dana for such a wonderful swap package!! If you have better pictures of the goodies you sent than I do please post them! I took quick pictures so I could show everyone all of my great stuff.

Cheers!
Rebecca

5 comments:

Jane said...

Sweet Goodness! What a terrific swap partner!I got my package today! It's another perfect and I mean PERFECT match!

LA said...

What yummy goodies! I love them all.

LA xo

Vintage Indie said...

What a fun swap! I can't wait to get mine!

Anonymous said...

That's a cute hat box, great colors. I like checking out your thrift finds, you have gotten some bargains.
: ) Bren

http://benzy55.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Kara said...

wow what a great swap package.
I hope my pal enjoys heres
kara
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails