Thursday, September 20, 2007

Vintage Children's Book Swap!

I received my lovely swap yesterday from Maija for the Vintage Children's Book Swap hosted by Jenny at the Polkadot Pixie.



Ah, this might be my worst photo yet, but in my defense, I was really in a hurry to unwrap this cute gift and couldn't be bothered with things like centering or good light. :)

First, here is the gorgeous bookmark she made:



I love it! I love the colors, the photo and especially that little crown.

And here is the book:



It's "A Child's Garden of Verses" by Robert Louis Stevenson and it was well loved by it's previous owners I am sure!

Look at the beautiful end papers:



And the poems inside are all so beautiful illustrated:



Thank you, Maija! I love it. I hope you like what I sent to you! I've already tucked your fabulous bookmark in what I'm reading currently. :)

*********************************

So I actually feel like I have a few days of things to post about and here it is already Friday! So I'll be back next week with my new collections, some more thrifts and a few crafty projects. I hope to have a shop update soon, too.

Have a fab weekend!

Rebecca

3 comments:

BEELICIOUS said...

What a Great book!
The pictures are Darling!!

Scrappy Moments said...

What a Cute Book, I love the Pictures! Great Blog :) Really Cute!


Angie
www.scrapnmomsmoments.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous book. I LOVE vintage children's books - I pick them up whenever I find some good ones. And she made such a beautiful bookmark as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails