Hello! I know I've been absent, it's a bit of a tough week at work for me, but I knew I had to pop over at lunch today and post my Sweet Goodness Swaps Holiday Sister Swap 20 Questions post. :)
My "sister" is Breanna and I'm so excited to get to know her better. :) You can read her 20 Answers here.
1. Favorite Color: Red! (just like my sister Breanna!) I love decorating with red accents. They really pop against my butter yellow walls. I also have red hair AND I look great in red. Yes, I love red. Deep rich red. :)
2. Chocolate Lover? Milk, Dark, White, or none of the above? Dark chocolate! But I don't like it mixed with fruit. I like to keep my fruit and chocolate separate, please. :) I do love chocolate and nuts though, that is my favorite. Particulary hazelnuts. Yum.
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? It's hard to narrow it down but I love knitting and crocheting and paper crafts. I scrapbook and make cards, tags, etc.
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start? I wish I could sew better. I do okay but my patience is limited. I felt like this when I started knitting and now I consider myself pretty good at it so I'm hoping the sewing knowledge & skills will come in time. I certainly like fabric!
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in ( so your partner doesn’t send something you wouldn’t use)? I don't paint or make jewelry.
6. Do you have any allergies? (we don’t want to send anything with peanuts if it’ll make you blow up like a balloon!) No food allergies. I have the waistline to prove it LOL
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Decorating, candy eating, costumes, or something else? I love Halloween. I love the black and orange combo, making costumes, spending a night being someone else . . . I love the imaginary aspect, witches, ghosts, etc.
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall? Yes, the fall holidays are my favorite. I love pumpkin scented candles and burn them the whole season. For Thanksgiving I put out a few things and I am in search of a new centerpiece this year.
9. December Holidays--what holiday do you celebrate? What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday? We celebrate Christmas and I am a decorating fool! I have two Christmas trees and may get another small one for the kitchen this year.
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? I have no children but once Luis and I pass our first anniversary in February we hope to grow our family. I am lucky to get to spend time with Luis' niece and nephew to get my "kid fix." :)
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind? We have two dogs that I love. They are really part of our family. Mason is a 3 year old collie and Kaiser is a 2 year old Chinese Crested. For those of you familiar with the Crested breed, Kaiser is a powder puff hence he has hair. His mother is a hairless though. This is an old picture, Kaiser is quite large and in charge now. :)
12. Are you a reader? If so, what type of books do you like? I love to read! My husband doesn't get it when I say I'm going to go upstairs and read. LOL I like a lot of different kinds of books including thrillers, cheesy romances and children's books. :)
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? If so, what day and what is the occasion? no big days coming up for me
14. Do you collect anything? If so what type of things do you collect? I tend to collect junk! Too much in fact. I suppose I collect Christmas ornaments as I tend to buy them when I travel. I had plans to do a post on two recent collections I seem to have started and this is a great place to do it. I now have a collection of Oyster Plates:
I also recently found a plain white one as well. :) I also now seem to collect Japanese lotus bowls. I have found a few blue, some yellow and some white. As they are usually under a dollar at the thrift store it's a pretty low cost collection. :) I'll share my china collection in a later post. :)
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person?? I am best at baking but I like to try new things. I don't like complicated recipes, I get bored. I also am the queen of the one dish wonder and like Breanna, love my crockpot. I make a lot of soups and stews when the weather turns cold.
16. What is your favorite scent? Is there one that you can’t stand? I love vanilla, pumpkin and gingerbread. Warm smells more so than florals. I really don't like patchouli, ick, and eucalyptus makes my nose itchy.
17. What’s your favorite song? This is tough, I like a lot of songs. How about a favorite genre? I like standards like Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Bobby Darin and Michael Buble. Oh and I LOVE Madonna. I can't help it.
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater? The Bourne Ultimatum. I liked it so much I decided to read the books. I am a sucker for big Hollywood action flicks. I have no idea why but my husband loves it.
19. What’s your favorite Candy? Ferrero Roche . . . drool . . .
20. Tea or Coffee or other? I like both but drink a lot more tea in the fall and winter. I like black tea, not the fruity herbal teas though I do like chamomile.
So that's my 20 questions! I hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday Sister Swap!!