Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One Down . . .

Remember my Land of Misfit Toys? Well I finished one*, can you believe it?



See pink panda here? He actually survived being stabbed by the crochet hook (see it sticking out of his chest?) and went on to become . . .



Super Cute Pink Panda With Polka Dot Necktie. :) However, I think I'll call him Percy.



It's difficult to tell from these pictures but he really is quite adorable. And as he is made from the softest cotton yarn I'm sure he's soon to be squashed flat from hugs. That is if I can bear to part with him . . . we'll see. :) Percy is perched on a recently thrifted Shabby Chic box I found for $6. I can't resist anything by Shabby Chic it seems.

Panda pattern is from the current issue of Knit 1 Magazine. Though I had to do my body all in one color as I ran out of white yarn. Nice.

I also added some new goodies to The Goodness Shop:



Vintage Kokeshi dolls, vintage knitting pattern booklets, some soft pink seam binding, a hand crocheted lace collar, one of my watermelon potholders, vintage muslin pillow cases stamped for embroidery and of course, more vintage hankies.

I have more fun things to list including some vintage trim:



that I scored this weekend while thrifting with Catherine. Once I untangle it of course.

fondly ~ Rebecca

*technically I'm "finished" two as I decided not to finish the Hershey Kiss Kid LOL.

6 comments:

simple~needs said...

percy is great!! you make such fun goodies!! i love them all! i cant wait to see what you do with the rest of the misfits. :)
kim

Michele said...

Rebecca...I love Percy...he's adorable!!!! I love that box that he's sitting on too!!

Hugz,
Michele

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

The panda is CUTE! And I think I have the SAME ribbon, lol.

Diane said...

Cute little bear. And nice vintage trim find...score! I'm positive that I commented on your "disappointment" post, but it didn't show... Guess I didn't really say anything new except share sympathies. You didn't deserve it. You didn't ask too much. You were patient. And it's YOUR stuff! Thank you for sharing, hope it turns around.

Jane said...

Anybody who reads your blog *knows* the kind of person you are-goodness!

I sent your package sometime last week so you should get it! Fingers crossed!

Mom IsAmagpie said...

Percy is adorable, it must feel wonderful to be knocking out those UFOS. Could you be the De La Hoya of the crafty blog?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails