Monday, May 12, 2008

Random Bits

In reading thrifting blogs you often find that many people have a style or a certain strain of things they purchase. Not here, sisters, I'm as random as they get! And to prove it, here are some recent finds:



Elephant tea cozy. Nice. Those are napkins on a the right and a valance on the left but the tea cozy, other than being red, is not really "my style." Had to have it anyway.



Velvet rose pillow, what does one do with that? But I certainly couldn't leave it behind for a mere $1.49 now could I?



Here is a motley collection but a but more "me." The turkey candle holder is Mikasa as is the yellow cup (it says My First Birthday on the bottom) and the collie planter is a given since I happen to own a collie. But all together? I don't think so.

I am yet again feeling overwhelmed by "stuff" and looking at these photos reminds me that I need to trim down the thrifting. I mean I don't have to buy EVERYTHING I like, right? Right. So I'll be better, I promise. I'm sure there will be some giveaways to come and some listings of vintage goodies in the Goodness Shop as well. But how about we start here:



I'm not even sure where I picked this up but as I hardly pass on a vintage hanky home it came. So, does anyone out there have these initials? I suppose it could be J.D. M. or even J.M.D. or perhaps even J & D with the same last name starting with M? So if you or someone you know fits this monogram and would like this lovely linen hankie, drop me a line! First come first serve.

***UPDATE - I've found a J.D.M.! Visit Jean here.***

ciao
Rebecca

9 comments:

Jean said...

My initials are JMD, honest: Jean McLean Davis.

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

I think as far as the rose pillow goes, you can rest your head on velvety softness.

littlestreetfighter's Mom said...

so are mine!!! I came across your blog randomly and saw this. I'm a jennifer, kept my maiden name for middle "d" and my married name is "m"...very funny

Heather said...

Too funny, Rebecca! I laughed out loud when I read your blog this a.m., because I immedieatly though, "My Aunt Jean! My Aunt Jean!", and then I saw that she had already left you a comment! Too funny!

Feather Gold said...

Loving the rose throw pillow, though I could never let anyone lean against it! We need to get our a*ses up to the CT flea market! John will kill me, he's already complaining about the lack of space due to boxes and boxes of gifts. :-)

xoxo

Vallen said...

The rose pillow is yummy! and I love the ceramic pooch. I hope your mojo extends to me when we get to shop together.

futuregirl said...

I love the elephant!

Barbara said...

I love the rose pillow AND that you found someone with the right initials!

Dot said...

I'm just in awe of your thrifting skills! I never seem to find such yummy goodies...

dot

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails