Wednesday, June 20, 2012

You've Come a Long Way, Baby (Doll)

So (or sew) does anyone remember Charlotte Ann? Yeah I didn't think so. She was originally created back on July 14th 2008. She also got hair in that month. She received a face (and her name) in September 2008. Then she sat, naked, waiting. Finally she got some bloomers in May 2010. And now in June 2012 she is, dare I say, finished.



It has taken me 4 years (can you believe that?) to finish a doll from an original pattern. Yeah. I KNOW.



I really wanted to make her clothes you could change but that wasn't working out so well. Instead I sewed them right to her from scraps. The dress is made from a remnant bin find and the apron overlay from an old thrifted valance. The felt flower is from a Martha Stewart kit found for a $1.00 and the button is from my vintage stash.



I am really happy with the way she turned out and now, of course, I want to make another. Hopefully it won't take me nearly as long.


2 comments:

Elise said...

She is beautiful, Rebecca!!! Of course, I have a fondness for redheads...
Elise

Serena said...

What a sweet little dolly :0) Congrats on finishing her. She reminds me of the dolls in the book, Wee Wonderfuls.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails