Sunday, January 06, 2013

It Takes a Village

Years ago I cut a picture from a magazine of a glittered witch hat with a tiny Christmas village on it. It was a display piece at Tinsel Trading and the picture is somewhere in my inspiration book (which is sadly ignored, thank you Pinterest.) Last year I found some small paper mâché witch hats at Michaels and quickly set to making a similar project. I used tiny houses I had on hand from a line of Martha Stewart for Macy's ornaments I bought for super cheap. Add some bottlebrush trees and some vintage plastic reindeer and voila! Hat village. Never mind that the reindeer are as big as the houses. I love them regardless. Silly craft? Perhaps but I think it's destined to become a favorite Christmas decoration. If not I'll add some ribbons and wear that sucker as a hat.





2 comments:

Brooke xo said...

wow this is so clever, love this idea!!

ThriftyGirl51 said...

Adorable! I love it : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails