Tuesday, January 08, 2013

For the Love of Shoes & Socks (and tights!)

So, I'm guessing that most of you know I broke my ankle a few years back. (I've been known to over talk about it.) Well it was so swollen that I thought I'd never wear normal shoes again. Seriously, I wore wide flats (which were still painful) and Crocs like it was my job for more than a year and half. Then something magical happened. Shoes started to fit again AND not hurt so badly.

Needless to say I've been racking up some new pairs (including a pair of boots with heels!) but I do still have some issues. I love this time of year because it means I can wear tights with everything. They really help cut down on the friction from my new shoes (and my foot does still swell a bit after a full day of work) and also, they give you a nice silhouette, even under pants. I love them. LOVE them. And because they are oh so popular these days you can find them in so many colors and textures. My favorite brand is No Nonsense. Aside from fitting the best and lasting the longest the No Nonsense brand was launched in 1973. The same year I was launched. Well you know what I mean.

I love the Silky Opaque Control Top the best. But come spring I'll be sporting some of those but in the footless variety. At Nononsense.com you can even order them in gift boxes!

Jewel Tone Assortment - 4 Pair Box
picture from www.nononsense.com

I know it's wrong to be this excited about tights but as a New Yorker I spend a lot of time hoofing it around the city in the cold and layers are your friend, believe me. Also, I have a very high waist and the No Nonsense brand are long enough to not feel like I'm wearing a pair two sizes too small because they won't come up over my hip bones. In the summer I wear their knee highs and hose to the office since I'm supposed to be all professional-like. And being the thrifty girl that I am I wash them and wear them again and again and they last!

I'm getting off my shoe and sock pulpit now and will return you to your regularly crafty broadcasting . . . . tomorrow.

cheers!
RR

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails