Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Treasure Sale

This past weekend I went to Baltimore to go to a Treasure Sale with my mother and sister. It's held 4 times a year at a retirement community where Mandi works and the money raised goes to support programs for the residents.



One man's trash is another man's . . . well you know the drill. :) I picked up lots of fun little items like the handmade tissue holder and floss minder (butterfly) plus vintage playing cards, postcards and a few crafting supplies.

I thought one of my best finds was this vintage hat box:



I saw it under a table and yes, I crawled down there and hauled it out. Only $1 for this treasure! It's in such good shape that I thought it might be a reproduction but my Mom has one just like it (we compared them closely) and I'm convinced it's a real vintage beauty. It looks fabulous in my craft room next to the vintage "Easter Parade" bag I recently found at my regular thrift.



Did you carry white "wicker" purses like these for Easter as a child? This one has a lovely green velvet ribbon and rose adornment. Yet another treasure to me. :)



Another favorite treasure sale find is this sweet little embroidered towel. Originally I thought to put it in the shop but I really don't think I can part with it. It also makes me want to try my hand at embroidery.



I also scored this adorable little froggie pin cushion. He might be one of my favorite all time finds. I sort of collect pin cushions it seems and I'll share some in a future post. I'll also share some of my craft room re-dos and a few other collections that seem to have popped up over here. Funny how that happens, isn't it?

To all my loyal readers and friends, thanks so much for sticking with me even though my posting seems to be erractic lately. Your comments make me smile and make blogging so much fun. I hope to have some fun posts soon including a series of vintage patterns. More on that to come!

I wish you all fabulous treasure hunting!

xoxoxo
Rebecca

14 comments:

Deenna said...

Great finds at the sale...love the hat box! :)

Jennifer W. said...

What a great haul!

Jane said...

You've done good! That hat box is very nice. A great place to store yarn or something! Love that!

Anonymous said...

great finds!

Barbara said...

I think I have the twin to your hat box (mine was $1 too!) - you found some great stuff!

Unknown said...

Sales at retirement communities ROCK! LOL I love that little white purse and the hatbox is awesome!

Vintage Whimsy said...

What great finds! Is this in Baltimore, Maryland? I don't know if there is even another Baltimore other than here in MD! I'd love to know more about the sale (location etc) so maybe I can check it out next time it's being held!!

ThriftyMum said...

Love the hatbox and the wicker basket... both adorable!

Shara said...

We will stick with you - don't you worry! I am so ready to go to a digger sale!

Mama Said Sew said...

Such fun treasures! I wish I could find a sale like that here. :)

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I love that purse!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Fabbo finds, especially that purse!

Diane said...

Oooh, collection pictures coming soon, eh? We can't wait to see!

LOVE that purse. Excellent finds.

The Urban Chic said...

Oh as a collector of odd purses, I would love to find one of those. I have a couple of them, but my white ones is plain and is from the 60s. I am a collector also and couldn't even begin to list the things I "collect". Some may become gifts for friends or giveaways on my blog. Love all your treasures.Hugs, Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails