Monday, November 09, 2009

Victoriana

I love to make Christmas ornaments. This coming Saturday I'm hosting a Holiday Crafting party and have three different ornament projects on the menu. We had such a good time last year that we decided to make it an annual affair. I can't wait to see what everyone creates this year!

In the mean time I've made a few ornaments on my own. I love old Victorian post card images and have a folder full of printed ones. I also had on hand some wooden circles and squares and of course a plethora of paper and doo dads to use as well.







I love the way the turned out and they were so easy and inexpensive to make! Oh and fun, too. I think one key to the cuteness factor is glitter and using "pop dots" to raise the images and give them some depth. :) I have already started a few more. Hopefully I can whip out enough to give as gifts and maybe even put a few up for sale in the shop. (Which I'll be reopening with some fun new vintage items next week!)

If you'd like to make your own you can find some fun images on Flickr in this photo pool. Also doing a google image search for Victorian post cards or images can produce some fun results and I do believe Dover Publications sells some nice CD collections of images as well.

This project was inspired by a Valentine ornament I made last year. See it here along with a tutorial for crepe paper pin wheels.

I'll be back next week with crafty party tales! Oh and check out Sweet Goodness Swaps for our new swap posting today!

~kiss kiss~

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Those are really cute Rebecca! I think a Christmas crafting party sounds like oodles of fun -- I'll be looking for your post party report!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails