Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pin Bottles

Do you have those projects that you think about sometimes and you basically have everything you need to make them but you just don't do it? And then one day, OUCH! The creative bug bites you and you're off to 110 degree craft castle to make . . . .



Pin bottles. :) Inspired by a perfume, believe it or not, these are easily made with small scraps of fabric, a bit of stiffing, some thread, needle, hot glue, ribbon and salt shakers.



These were fussy and I burned myself once (or three times) but I think they came out cute.



I filled the shakers with the buttons I found at the thrift last weekend. I think these would make for cute mending kits if gifted with a nice spool of thread.

These were fast to make and I'm glad I finally did something creative. More to come, I can promise you that.

Cheers ~ RR

5 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Adorable... I never would have thought to do this...

Unknown said...

Salt shakers--that's genius! They're adorable!

Jane said...

So sweet. I think they would also be great filled with some sort of perfumed salts/potpourri of sorts. The scent would slowly diffuse through the lid. Nice to see you back. Now if I could just get motivated. Although, I must say finally getting on Pinterest is helping to inspire me.

Bri said...

These are great! I'm really need my own bug to get my butt into gear!

Quiltingranny said...

So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails