Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hallows

Two years ago I signed up for the Sweet & Sinister swap hosted by I can't remember who (hence the reason I haven't done it the last two years!) Anyway, I was partnered with the dear Ms. Sid and boy did we hit it off. So much so that we decided to make Halloween swapping a yearly affair.

When I got home from work today there was a note that I missed her package! So I'll have to wait until tomorrow to trek over to the post office and pick it up. In the mean time I thought I'd share what I sent to her since I haven't been able to share some craftyness in awhile.



The whole kit and kaboodle. I really enjoy crafting for Ms. Sid, she and I have similar tastes and I know I can try new things and she will like them.



Like making a pair of earrings. I'm not much for jewelry making but wanted to try a little something.



I crocheted a little jewelry pouch and lined it with a vintage pillow case. These are very fun to make and I plan to whip up a few for the holidays.



I also made my first cross stitch on perforated paper. It made the project very interesting!



This sweet doggie collage was Ms. Sid's favorite. I had a feeling she would like it! I love making these and really should do it more often. I recently found a book that is all vintage photos of dogs or dogs and their humans.



I actually wanted to make a shaker for our swap last year and never got around to it. This was very fun to make. I used some Martha Stewart Crafts Halloween invites from last year that I got on clearance. I took an empty paper ribbon spool and filled it with lentils placing tape over the holes in the spool and then glued the invites on each side. Then I put a hole in the bottom and stuffed in a ribbon wrapped dowel stick and added some decorative flair. Viola!



Oh, did I mention this swap had a theme? Well it was a Witch's boot (like a Christmas stocking) and I tried to make one but well, it stunk. So running out of time I pulled out the pattern for a bag from one of my favorite Tilda books, Sew Pretty Home Style, and whipped up a Witch's hand bag instead. (Thanks for letting me cheat, S.!)



And I finally got to use a Halloween fabric remnant I swear I bought like 5 years ago.

So Sid, thanks for being my friend and always being so gracious about our swap. I know I'll love every single thing you sent me and I'll be in line at the Post Office first thing tomorrow.

xoxoxo

2 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

What a fun package!!

Its Kari @ Artsy Mama that hosts.

jungle dream pagoda said...

sUCH A CUTE DOGGY COLLAGE AND love THE BAG!
hOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL!
oops caps lock on...oh well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails